Mardaani 2: Rani Mukerji gets a special painting from film’s art director
It is also important that before painting your room, you use a primer. A primer will help paint adhere to the surface by providing a uniform appearance. It is a must to use a primer if you are painting over new wood, bare wood, drywall, or repainting over existing bright or dark colors.
But before doing this, you have to know the condition of the surface you wanted to paint. Regardless of whether the base coat is oil or latex, you must dull glossy paint by sanding or de-glossing it with a chemical de-glossing product. If you don’t dull glossy paint, the second coat will streak and not stick to the base coat when drying.
If you want to alter your room’s ambiance, painting is a great option. When interior painting, use paints that are quicker to dry and does not have a strong odor that lingers around where your kids can smell it.
Painting the interior of your house requires a thorough estimation, visualization, and preparation. When you have chosen your theme for your rooms and have bought the job materials you need (paints, paint brushes and rollers, extension handles, paint tray, paint stirrer, drop clothes, step ladder, painter’s tape, etc.), you simply follow these interior house painting tips:
BEFORE AND DURING HOUSE PAINTING
· Always provide adequate ventilation when painting inside your house. If you cannot get enough ventilation in the work area, use a respirator or a mask.
· Keep paint containers or solvent containers closed when not in use.
· Keep paint products out of the reach of children.
· Avoid direct contact with skin.
· Always read packaging (label) instructions.
SURFACE PREPARATION TIPS
· Remove as much as furniture as possible from the room or group the heavier fixtures and the delicate ones together and cover them with a drop cloth.
· Provide adequate lighting to allow a good view of painting imperfections.
· Remove switch plates.
· Patch holes and cracks in the surfaces you wanted to paint with premixed spackling paste. After the paste dries, sand the patched the areas.
· Dust and wash the ceilings, walls, baseboards, windows, and door moldings.
· Clean, sound wallpaper can be painted over, but in most cases, it is better to strip it. Painting over a wallpaper may begin to peel.
PAINTING YOUR CEILING TIPS
· If you are painting the entire room, it is best to paint the ceiling first!
· If you are using a paint roller, maneuver your arms in a series of diagonal swaths (forming a letter M). Fill in the open areas by cross rolling.
· If you are using a paintbrush, apply the paint in short strokes towards the unpainted area, known as “wet to dry.” Then brush back into the area you just painted for a smooth surface.
· If you are painting your ceiling, remove light bulbs, chandeliers, fluorescent lights, and fixture covers.
· Paint trim first, including edging around the ceiling, molding, and trim.
WALL PAINTING TIPS
· Paint around the trim first, including edging around the ceiling.
· When painting with a gloss finish, make the final brush strokes away from the light source of the room. The tiny ridges that a brush leaves won’t be as pronounced. Use the same “wet to dry” method of painting.